Business owners face more challenges today than ever.
Uncertainty looms everywhere. Do any of these sound familiar?
- Lack of clarity and focus
- Outdated or non-existent strategic plan
- Unclear of ideal position in the marketplace
- Totally “busy” working IN the business and putting out fires
- Struggling with prioritization, delegation, self-discipline
- Unsure if you’re really making money
- Not enough money
- Not enough people
- Not enough control
- Inadequate infrastructure (still making do with startup ones)
- Reacting instead of proacting
Left unchecked, these challenges can lead to any of the following:
- Caught in the hamster wheel with no way out
- Tolerating poor clientele
- Tolerating poor performers leading to loss of high performers (turnover)
- Inefficiencies and out-of-control costs
- Large revenue fluctuations based on inadequate revenue mix – financial uncertainty
- Loss of control – and loss of the joy of having the business.
Don’t sell yourself short. You owe it to yourself to invest in you. For your own sake – and all those whose lives are affected by you and the business.
I help small business owners (and NGO leaders) make more money, grow their business, accomplish their goals by helping them understand the bigger landscape – and where they can best fit into it. Helping them choose:
- The right growth strategy (based on their strengths, competitive advantage, personal/business aspirations, market gaps, and profitability)
- The right market and marketing strategy (what they can do comfortably, consistently, and compellingly)
- The right message (how they can best tell their story to attract, gain, and retain ideal clients)
- The right leadership strategies (relationship-building, culture, communication, decision-making, goal-setting, team-building, productivity, performance management)
I give my clients:
- A bigger picture (vision) and help them determine how it fits into their lives
- A look at their true potential (assessment/competitive environment)
- A sounding board: An unbiased, honest look at who they are and what they offer
- A strategy and path that FITS them (their resources, assets, desires, abilities)
- Expertise in buyer behavior > customized doable/comfortable marketing strategy > better, more profitable and enjoyable clients
- Leadership development – internal/external (culture, communication, decision-making, goal-setting, productivity)
- Management tools (systems, processes, monitoring, technology, efficiency, performance metrics)
Does this sound like it could be of value to you? Let’s talk and explore that.
- Over 35 years helping business owners and NGO leaders grow their organizations as a senior leader in numerous entrepreneurial & NGO organizations and through my own company
- Growth Strategies / Innovation Faculty and Digital Media Faculty for one of the most prestigious and successful small business accelerator programs in the world, the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program
- Professional business speaking/training for over 36 years (For over 16 years, Professional Member and a Chapter President of the National Speakers Association and Professional Member of the Global Speakers Federation)
- Senior executive leadership in growing/managing trade and membership associations, chambers of commerce, higher education, non-profits, healthcare
- Over 20 terms on a dozen different trade association, non-profit, and company boards
- Three degrees in business/marketing/communication (strong background in leadership, strategic planning, behavioral science/consumer psychology)
- Extensive continuing education and experience in social media and technology
- Have taught business strategy, marketing, leadership, and communication in 7 colleges and universities
- Award-winning facilitator of 4 major post-Hurricane Katrina recovery projects, 2 NOLA-based Google leadership immersions, a US/Mexico trade summit, and a major self-produced women’s leadership event – along with countless others in conjunction with regional leadership organizations.
- SBA’s “Women in Business Champion of the Year” for the State of Louisiana